The general public opinion is that, pizza is a flat piece of bread, on which toppings are made with chicken, herbs, vegetables, and also other items which are used for garnishing. This is true, but the exact amount of heat, the perfect combination of spices, the flavor of sauce, and the accurate time taken for grilling and baking pizza are also important factors which contribute a lot in the making of pizza. Although pizza was first invented in the Neapolitan province of Italy, it has become so excessively popular in all the countries of the world. Just try Lorentto WoodFired Pizza on Bondi Road, NSW Sydney. It would be an act of foolishness to say that pizza is just an Italian delicacy.
The naming and making of pizza
Pizza was initially named after Queen Margherita, who visited Italy, and she was delighted to eat a flat bread base with tomato sauce, Mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves. But in the present time, we are fond of so many types of pizzas, like the following:
• Pan-fried pizza made of black and green olives and Parmesan cheese.
• Rolled pizza with tomato and cherry topping, or topping made by using multiple fruits.
• Pizza roll-ons dipped into honey and maple syrup.
• Tomato, corn, chicken and stuffed capsicum pizza.
• The Buffalo style pizza.
What are the various innovative toppings for pizza?
There can be various toppings for pizza. Many of them are already available in recipe books, and many are a result of careful experimentation. These can include:
• Grated olives and fried or caramelized onion rings.
• Chicken sausage, ham or bacon.
• Pineapple and cherry tomatoes.
• Spinach, broccoli and button mushrooms.
• Herbs and fish.
Therefore when you try to order for that extra cheese as a pizza topping, do not forget to order the above toppings also. It will make your pizza tastier and juicier.